The Return of the King
The award-winning delay pedal that catapulted Source Audio into the hearts and pedalboards of the guitar effects pedal universe is back and better that ever. The Nemesis ADT has all the tones and features that made the original Nemesis a go-to delay of guitarists and keyboard players of all genres, plus some excellent new updates including a 100% unprocessed dry signal path, 100 factory loaded presets, and an updated collection of delay effects easily accessible on the face of the pedal. Nemesis ADT is also compatible with over 1,000 Neuro user presets created for the original Nemesis Delay.
100% PURE DRY SIGNAL PATH
The Nemesis Delay ADT supports a long-requested feature unavailable in the original Nemesis, an all-Analog Dry signal path. The term “analog dry through” means that the instrument’s dry signal remains completely unprocessed, maintaining a 100% pure analog signal path that runs parallel with the pedal’s delay effects. The result is a dry signal that remains completely true to the incoming tone with zero latency.
Vintage Vibes & Modern Ambience
All the delay effects that made the original Nemesis Delay so popular are still present in the Nemesis Delay ADT, but some of its most well-regarded delay engines previously included with Neuro (Source Audio’s free effects editing software available for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android) have moved to the face of the pedal. New additions to the face of Nemesis include:
- Drum Echo - based on vintage Binson Echorec rotating drum units, known for their multiple playback heads and rhythmic delay patterns.
- Oil Can - captures the sound of a 1950’s Tel-Ray Electronics Sound Chamber, a unit known for its ghostly and reverberant echoes created with a rotating can of electrolytic oil.
- Resonant Analog - based on the tone of darker bucket brigade chips with an especially soft echo that dramatically degenerates with each passing repeat.
Job one in the development of the Nemesis Delay ADT was to create a great sounding, flexible, and easy-to-use delay pedal. Out of the box, that’s exactly what Nemesis ADT is – plug it in, select from the twelve onboard delay engines and make beautiful music… simple. But there is much more here than meets the eye - the truly “Big Idea” behind our One Series pedals was to give musicians a second, far deeper, set of performance ready presets and effect editing tools with which to find the perfect tone. Neuro is a free downloads for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows. It offers a huge collection of additional delay engines, 1,000s of Neuro Community created presets, and a powerful effects editing workshop. Use Neuro to created highly customized presets, then burn them directly to your pedal and/or publish them Neuro's public forum so that anyone with a Nemesis ADT can quickly download and customize the preset for their own creative journey.
Nemesis Delay ADT: The Sound, The Sound, The Sound!!!
At the end of the day, it's all about the sound. The Nemesis Delay ADT features a beautifully engineered collection of effects that span the gamut of delay possibilities, from perfect replications of iconic delay units like the Maestro™ Echoplex, Roland™ Space Echo, and classic analog bucket brigade delay pedals to forward-looking, ambient tones like reverse, pitch shifting and filtered delays. Each sound was painstakingly composed by Source Audio's effect aficionado and legendary audio engineer, Bob Chidlaw. Bob earned his place in audio history as head engineer at Kurzweil Music in the 80s & 90s. Every effect in the Nemesis Delay ADT was beautifully crafted through intense research and painstaking A/B testing to create sounds of extreme precision and unparalleled fidelity. Here is a small sample of the delay possibilities that await.
Additional Features and Specifications
Neuro Editor Features
The Nemesis includes twelve basic delay effect engines, with more effects available in the Neuro Mobile App. Existing effect engines can also be further edited using the Neuro App’s extended set of adjustable parameters.
- Slapback — Synonymous with rockabilly guitar effects, Slapback delivers a short single-repeat echo based on early tape delay machines.
- Digital — A classic clear digital delay with optional delay time modulation. The intensity knob controls filtering allowing for high pass filters (creating a thinner delay sound) or low pass filters (creating a warmer delay sound). 12 o’clock on the Intensity knob offers a 100% pure, unfiltered delay. The Nemesis features a 56-bit signal path with a 24-bit delay line for immaculately clean repeats.
- Diffuse — A delay line with a diffusion effect that smears the attack of the repeated signal, softening it and allowing it to blend in more easily with the unprocessed dry signal. This creates an ethereal sound reminiscent of classic “oil can” delay systems.
- Analog — The sound of classic bucket brigade analog delays. Successive delays are warm, resonant and increasingly lo-fi.
- Tape — A detailed re-creation of classic moving-head tape delays. Tape captures all the characteristic flutter, warmth, and color that give vintage tape delay machines like the Echoplex and Space Echo their classic charm.
- Noise Tape — A detailed re-creation of classic fixed-head tape delays. Noise Tape is grittier and darker than the Tape engine, capturing the sound of old or damaged tape.
- Resonant — A Carbon Copy inspired delay effect, based on a particularly dramatic analog bucket brigade delay, characterized by its quickly degenerating echo that shaves off more and more high and low frequencies with each subsequent repeat.
- Shifter — A delay with polyphonic pitch-shifting on the delayed signal. Choose from octave (either up or down), minor or major 3rds, 4ths, and 5ths.
- Helix — This angelic delay effect combines reverse delay with an octaver to create a strange, shimmering delay that disappears into the upper frequency range.
- Reverse — The classic reverse tape sound made popular made popular by a number of iconic psychedelic ere guitar players who shall remain nameless. The Nemesis creates several overlapping reversed delays that fade in and fade out regularly to create a pulsing tremolo effect.
- Oil Can — Captures the sound of a 1950’s Tel-Ray Electronics Sound Chamber, an oil can delay famous for its rotating oil filled canister that created haunting and reverberant echoes with a mild chorusing effect
- Drum Echo — Seizes the magic of a Binson Echorec rotating drum delay unit, famously used on several Pink Floyd tracks. The Echorec is known for its multiple playback heads and rhythmic delay patterns.
- 26 Delay Engines — Nemesis features 12 onboard delay engines accessible via the center selector wheel, plus an additional 14 delays downloadable via the Neuro Mobile App.
- Analog Dry Through - The instrument’s dry signal remains completely unprocessed, maintaining a 100% pure analog signal path that runs alongside the pedal’s delay effects.
- 128 Presets — Save up to eight presets accessible via the onboard controls or save up to 128 presets recallable with MIDI program change (PC) messages.
- Stereo Input and Output Jacks — Create dramatic stereo ping-pong delays, stereo phase inversion, or set up an external effects loops, pre or post delay.
- Tap Tempo — Tap in the delay time with the onboard tap tempo switch. Beat divisions include quarter notes, dotted eighth, and triplets.
- Hold (a.k.a. “Freeze”) Control — Use the tap tempo switch to freeze a small portion of the delay in a continuous loop.
- Deep Editing Functionality with the Neuro Mobile App. — Adjust additional parameters, save and share personal presets, and download bonus delay engines with the Neuro Mobile App. (Check the Neuro tab for more details).
- Complete MIDI Functionally — Send MIDI program change (PC), continuous controller (CC), or MIDI clock messages via the 5-pin MIDI DIN Input (also includes a MIDI Thru jack) or the USB port.
- Universal Bypass — Select either analog buffered or relay based true bypass.
- Expression Control — Assign expression control to any combination of knobs and program the depth and direction of each. Compatible with all Source Audio expression pedals, the Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller, and 3rd party 1/4” TRS (tip hot) expression pedals.
- External Switching Capabilities — Change delay presets with an external 1/4” TRS (tip hot) footswitch.
The Nemesis Delay ADT come preloaded with 100 highly curated presets. This is an outstanding collection of sounds was pulled together from some of Neuro's most popular factory presets as well as presets created and published by members of the Neuro Community with the Nemesis Delay's comprehensive Neuro Sound Editor. The first 8 preset are easily accessible using the pedal's PRESET SELECT button, while presets 9 through 100 are accessible with MIDI PC messages or by connecting to Neuro.
1. Memorated Moduly Man
2. TPR Oil Can
3. The Edge
4. Scattered Crystals
6. Run Like Hell
7. Worn Out VHS
8. Dream Analog
9. Deep Sea
10. Tremolo (Dry)
11. El Captain
12. Dirty Verb
13. Impress Tape Vintage Mode
15. Seraphim Delay
16. Clean Digital
17. The Depths of Hell
18. LoFi Half Speed
19. Hold It Right There!
20. Dark Oil Can
21. Red Parta Pandicle
22. Talking Ghosts
23. Gilmour Bin Sin
24. Multi Reverse
25. Rainbow Bicycle
26. Timmons Dual Tap
28. 201 Multihead .8th
29. Count to 4+1
31. Confused Shimmer
32. Binson Korus
33. El Cap Warble
35. Edge Multi
36. D5-D Reverse
37. Dry Dub
38. Comfortably Numb
39. Ecco Flanges
40. Country Delay
41. Swirly Chorus
42. Ambient 01
43. Solo Delay!!
44. Sequenced Filter
45. Mixer Car Bun Coffee
46. Water Temple
47. Deep Space 7
48. Mod Tape
50. Ambient Hotel
51. It’s Analog, Man
52. Crushed Echoes
53. The Squeezinart
54. It’s Vibrato!
55. 111 Chop House
56. Faux Verb W/F
58. “Bad” Delay
59. Dark Analog No Mod
60. Dream Tape
61. Old Digital
62. Discombobulated Pad
63. Swing .8th Multi-head
64. Silence is (not) Golden
65. Harmonic Wable Sweep
67. Soft Digital Drone
69. Warped VHS
70. Nile Rodgers: Let’s Dance
71. Random Pulses
72. Black Smoke
73. Throat Croak
74. Ambient Tape
75. Wah Wah Wah
76. Spring Mod Chamber
77. DMM Vibrato
78. Reversed Psycho-Tape
79. Filter Fantasmo
81. Liquid Drops
82. Dirty Slapper
83. Candy Raindrops
84. Whirling Tails
85. Angelical Cries
87. Shadows Apache
88. Ambient Synthesizer
89. 80s Dance Dub
92. Glootchy Mood
93. Alley Echo
94. Basic Wet Reverse
95. Delay Meld
96. lofi, long repeats
97. GMC Diffuse Pad
98. Nick’s Secret Sauce
99. Kompakt Water
Connect the Nemesis Delay to the Neuro Mobile App (a free download for iOS or Android) and explore the power of effect downloading, customization, and sharing that comes with every Source Audio One Series pedal.
- Free Effects Downloads — Access an additional 12 free effect engines and burn them to any position on the rotary encoder.
- Customize Effects — Make deep editing changes with a wide range of additional parameters.
- Save and Share Customized Presets — Once you’ve fine-tuned an effect, save it to your personal effects collection and share it with the growing community of Neuro users.
- Download Presets — Explore Source Audio’s ever-expanding, library of free effect presets.
- Simple Connection — The Neuro App. connects with the Nemesis Delay via the mobile device’s headphone jack and stereo Input 2 on the pedal. A Neuro App connector cable (1/8” to 1/4”) is included with the pedal.
- USB to Mobile App Connectivity - Connect the Mobile App to your Nemesis Delay via the USB port on the top of the pedal and enjoy two-way communication between the pedal and your Neuro Mobile App. This means you can see all of your Nemesis preset settings on the App. in real time. (Lightening to mini Type B USB cable for iPhone) (Type-C to mini Type B USB cable for Android).
- Preset Saving / Program Change (PC) Messages — Save up to 128 effect presets recallable with MIDI PC messages.
- MIDI Clock — Sync your delay time with external MIDI clock messages.
- MIDI Continuous Controller (CC) Messages— Control multiple knob parameters simultaneously with MIDI CC messages. Program your CC messages to control any combination of knob parameters (as well as output level) and map an independent depth and direction path for each.
- USB Port — Send MIDI program change, continuous controller, and clock messages to Nemesis via its USB port.
- Multi Pedal Scene Saving with the Neuro Hub — Connect Nemesis (along with up to five One Series or Soundblox 2 pedals) to the Neuro Hub and create 128 multi pedal scenes complete with expression control, recallable via MIDI program change (PC) messages.
- External Expression Control — Connect the Neuro Hub to any Source Audio expression pedal, Hot Hand 3 Wireless Effects Controller or third party TRS (Tip Hot) expression pedal and assign expression control to any combination of knob parameters.
- Includes 9v DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Power Consumption — 200mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for MIDI control of firmware updates.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)
- Weight: 1 lb./0.45 kg.