Leave vapor trails in the sky with this powerful stereo flanger pedal. The Mercury Flanger has three effect types: Classic mode offers a deep and dramatic effect in the style of the earliest flanger pedals, Thru-Zero (a.k.a. “Tape Flange”) dramatically delivers the distinguishable twisting effect that occurs when the dry and modulating signals reach their intersection point, and the Shadow flanger offers a highly resonant yet silky smooth tone, with the jet engine “whoosh” flange fanatics crave. The Mercury also includes an on-board Delay control to explore that beautiful cosmic space between chorus and flanger.
The Official Mercury Flanger Demo Video
Out of the box, the Mercury Flanger offers tremendous tonal range, but beneath the hood resides the full power and flexibility of this dynamic stompbox. Every pedal in the One Series line is compatible with the Neuro Mobile App (a free download for iOS and Android). Link the Mercury to the Neuro App and access Source Audio’s free library of additional phaser, flanger, and chorus algorithms – each can be downloaded directly to your pedal. The Neuro App also offers an extended set of adjustable parameters including Wet/Dry Mix, Output Level, Tremolo, a Parametric EQ, Lo Retain, Advanced Signal Routing, and more. Plus, every One Series pedal is fully MIDI compatible when coupled with the Neuro Hub (formerly Soundblox Hub), giving you the power to save up to 128 presets.
More Mercury Flanger Demo Videos
Our man Victor Lee made this outstanding video that beautifully demos all the whooshing jet engine sounds as well as the chorus type effects available in the Mercury Flanger.
Our old friend Mike Hermans with Pro Guitar Shop went all-in with this comprehensive modulation demo featuring the Mercury Flanger, Lunar Phaser and Gemini Chorus.
There some fantastic Mercury Flanger moments sprinkled throughout this killer Nathan Navarro bass demo. Beware this video: it doesn't pull any punches.
Source Audio engineer, Brett Gildersleeve totally nailed the Thru-Zero (a.k.a. "Tape Flange") sound in this short but swooooosh video. Extra points for the Yes riffage!
The Neuro Editing Systems
Job one in the development of the Source Audio One Series modulation pedals - the Gemini Chorus, Lunar Phaser, and Mercury Flanger – was to create three great sounding, flexible, and easy-to-use pedals. Out of the box, that’s exactly what they are – plug ‘em in, select from the three onboard flanger, phaser, or chorus engines and make beautiful music… simple. But there is much more here than meets the eye (and ear) - the truly “Big Idea” behind our One Series modulation pedals was to give musicians a second, far deeper, set of options and editing tools with which to craft the perfect tone. The Neuro Mobile App is a free downloads for iOS and Android. The Neuro basically gives you access to the effects of all three pedals, so when you buy any one of the Lunar Phaser, Mercury Flanger or Gemini Chorus, you're essentially buying all three. The Neuro Editors offer a huge collection of chorus, flanger, and phaser engines as well as an expanded set of editing parameters. After editing your preset, burn it directly to the pedal and access it without reconnecting the Neuro App.
Additional Features and Specifications
Neuro Editor Features
- 3 Distinct Flanger Effects.
- 3 Presets — use Preset Mode to save a different preset to each of the three toggle switch positions. When the pedal is engaged, all of the parameters instantly jump to their saved value, regardless of the knob positions.
- Stereo Input and Output Jacks — Create deep and wide stereo modulation or engage one of the Mercury’s many Signal Routing options (see Neuro App Features for details).
- Universal Bypass — Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- Expression Control — Compatible with Source Audio expression pedals and the Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller.
- Tap Tempo — Sync your flanger modulation rate to the rest of the band with Source Audio’s External Tap Tempo switch. Set beat divisions (quarter, eighth, triplet, and 16th) with the Speed knob.
Connect the Mercury Flanger to the Neuro Mobile App (a free download for iOS and Android) and explore the power of effect downloading, customization, and sharing that comes with every Ones Series pedal.
- Interchangeable Algorithms — It is possible to download ANY of Source Audio’s phaser, flanger, and chorus algorithms directly to your Mercury Flanger for no additional cost. The same goes for the Lunar Phaser and Gemini Chorus, so owning one of Source Audio’s One Series modulation pedals is essentially like owning all three.
- Customize Effects — Tweak an additional set of parameters including Wet/Dry Mix, Output Level, Tremolo, a Parametric EQ, Lo Retain, Wave Shapes, and more.
- Save and Share Customized Presets — Once you’ve fine-tuned an effect, save it to your personal effects collection and share it with the growing community of Neuro users.
- Download Presets — Explore Source Audio’s ever-expanding library of effect presets.
- Envelope Follower Mode — Set the modulation source to envelope follower and control your flanger modulation in the style of pick sensitive “auto wah” effects.
- Signal Routing Options — Re-route the stereo Inputs and Outputs in a number of different ways including True Stereo, Mono to Stereo, Dual Mono, Sidechain Envelope, External Effects Loop, and more.
- Simple Connection — The Neuro App. connects with the Mercury via the mobile device’s headphone jack and Stereo Input 2 on the pedal. A Neuro App connector cable (1/8” to 1/4”) is included with the pedal.
The Mercury Flanger also features full MIDI capability and simplicity when coupled with the Neuro Hub (formerly Soundblox Hub).
- Preset Saving – Save up to 128 effect presets (including phaser and flanger effects).
- Multi Pedal Scene Saving – Connect up to five One Series and Soundblox 2 pedals to the Neuro Hub and create 128 multi pedal scenes, recallable via MIDI program change messages.
- External Expression Control – Connect the Neuro Hub to any Source Audio expression pedal, Hot Hand 3 Wireless Effects Controller or third party TRS (Tip Hot) expression pedal and manually control effect modulation or assign individual or simultaneous expression control to any adjustable parameter.
- MIDI Clock – Sync your flanger modulation with external MIDI clock messages.
- Includes 9v DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Power Consumption — 150mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for firmware updates and the forthcoming in-depth effects editing software.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)