The EQ2 Programmable Equalizer - COMING SOON!!
The EQ2 Programmable Equalizer is the most powerful and advanced equalizer pedal in stompbox history. This exceptional piece of gear builds off the legacy of its predecessor, the Source Audio Programmable EQ, a tremendously popular pedal that landed on the boards of numerous pro guitarists, including six-string icons David Gilmour and John Mayer. The updated EQ2 is a combination graphic and parametric equalizer with 10 fully adjustable frequency bands, stereo ins & outs, MIDI In and Thru jacks, 4 or 8 onboard presets, 128 MIDI accessible presets, an additional 12dB volume boost, and the ability to simultaneously run two separate and unique EQ settings, each of which can be independently routed to either stereo output. The EQ2 is expected to reach stores in April of 2020.
A Pedal for the Everymusician
"Source Audio created a completely new product category when we released the Programmable EQ pedal back in 2011. It gradually became one of our most successful products. We are confident that the EQ2, with its ten adjustable frequency bands, stereo I/O, and both graphic and parametric equalization capabilities, will be an extremely useful pedal to countless guitar, bass, and keyboard players of all genres”
-Source Audio President Roger Smith
-Source Audio President Roger Smith
The controls on the face of the EQ2 Programmable Equalizer provide quick access to a deep set of tone-sculpting tools unmatched in traditional effects pedals, but connect your EQ2 to the free Neuro Desktop Editor and Mobile App (via the pedal's USB port) and access a beautifully laid-out set of controls ordinarily associated only with high-end rack gear. The Neuro Editor's sleek and user-friendly interface includes detailed parametric editing capabilities (Q factor and frequency shifting) for all 10 frequency bands, two-channel stereo options, noise gate and limiter controls, as well as detailed external expression control. The Neuro Mobile App is available for free download at the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). The Neuro Desktop Editor is available for Mac or Windows systems on our Editors & Firmware Page. (Please Note: The EQ2 Editors are not yet available for the Neuro Editors). We highly encourage all One Series pedal owners to experiment with the Neuro Editing software - the Source Audio Neuro Community is growing by the day, with users constantly creating exciting new pedal presets for download.
Features and Specifications
- 4-8 Onboard Presets: Edit, save, and scroll between 4 onboard presets, or 8 presets in Preset Extension Mode.
- 10 Band Graphic Equalizer: Use the EQ2's 10 adjustable frequency bands ranging from 31Hz to 16kHz with 18dB boost or cut to sculpt the perfect tone.
- Parametric Equalization Capabilities: Use the onboard controls or the Neuro Editor to adjust the frequency position and Q of each frequency bands.
- Simple 1-Knob Control Panel: A sleek pedal calls for a sleek control set. EQ2 is armed with a single, do-it-all encoder mode that is rotated, pressed, or held in different situations for ultimate flexibility.
- Growing Library of Published Presets: For quick access to a world of great tones, try sampling sounds from a vast collection of published presets created by the Source Audio team and the ever-growing Neuro Community.
- Unprecedented Sound Sculpting Options: The powerful Neuro Desktop Editor (Free download for Mac and Windows) and Neuro Mobile App (iOS and Android) offer maximum sound exploration and editing possibilities.
- 128 MIDI Accessible Factory Presets – The addition of a third party MIDI controller provides access to any of the pedal’s 128 presets as well as direct control of frequency bands, signal routing, output level, and more.
- Stereo Inputs and Outputs: Use the Neuro Editor’s routing options in conjunction with Split Mode to get the most out of EQ2’s flexibility.
- Compact Design – The durable, anodized aluminum housing has a small footprint and sturdy hardware. Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs).
- Universal Bypass – Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- USB Port - Class compliant USB-MIDI allows the EQ2 to work as a plug-and-play device with recording software running on Mac and Windows recording software or any third party MIDI controller with USB host. The USB port also offers connectivity to the Neuro Desktop Editor providing access to deep editing possibilities and pedal firmware updates.
- Two Way Mobile Communication – Brand new to the EQ2, the USB port now supports mobile connection, allowing for two-way communication between the Neuro App and your pedal. This also frees up the pedal’s Input 2 jack for other use purposes.
- External Expression and Switching Control — Use the Control Input jack with the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal (expression control to multiple parameters) or Tap Switch (scroll presets and toggle settings).
- Connect the EQ2 to the Neuro Desktop Editor (a free download for Mac or Windows computers) or the Neuro Mobile App (free for iPhone and Android) and explore the power of effect downloading, customization, and sharing that comes with every One Series pedal.
- Growing Library of Published Presets: Quickly test and download sounds from the ever-expanding collection of published User Presets created by Source Audio and the rest of the EQ2 /Neuro Editor Community.
- Deep Effects Editing Capabilities: Use the Neuro Desktop Editor (free download for Mac and Windows) or the Neuro Mobile App (free for iOS and Android) to create, store, and share highly customized EQ settings.
- 10 Adjustable Bands: Each of the 10 bands can be set anywhere on the frequency spectrum between 20Hz and 20kHz.
- Adjustable Q Factor (Bandwidth): Each band’s Q (bandwidth) can be made to be wider or up to 10 times narrower for ultimate tone-sculpting.
- Optional Noise Gate and Limiter: An optional noise gate threshold and an optional limiter to eliminate digital clipping can be configured in the Neuro editor.
- Channel Gain Control: The gain of each channel can be tweaked in the Neuro editors.
- USB Connection – Use the pedal’s mini USB port to connect the EQ2 to the Neuro Desktop Editor, and for the first time, the Neuro Mobile App, both of which can be used to edit presets or download the latest pedal firmware.
- The EQ2 responds to MIDI Program Change (PC) and Continuous Controller (CC) messages via its 5-pin DIN ports or its mini USB port. The USB port handles communication between the EQ2 and digital audio workstations (DAW) on Mac and Windows machines as well as external MIDI controllers.
- Preset Saving – Save up to 128 effect presets.
- MIDI Mapping – Use the Neuro Desktop Editor to easily map MIDI Continuous Controller (CC) messages to a comprehensive list of parameters.
- Preset Recall - Use MIDI CC numbers 103 & 104 or PC Messages to recall any of the EQ2’s 128 MIDI accessible presets.
- The Neuro Hub - Connect the EQ2 to the Neuro Hub and use MIDI CC messages to control parameters or recall presets
- Includes 9v DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Includes USB Mini cable for Neuro Moble App and Desktop Editor connection.
- Power Consumption — 180mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for firmware updates and the forthcoming in-depth effects editing software.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)