Discover the true spiraling and hypnotic potential of advanced stereo tremolo. The Vertigo offers three distinct tremolo effects. Normal tremolo delivers a divine renewal of the thumping “opto trem” amplitude modulation found in vintage Blackface Fenders. Harmonic revives the haunting sway of the Fender Super’s “Vibrato” effect from the early 60s — this vintage tremolo ping-pongs between a low and high frequency boost, creating a swinging phaser-ish effect. Finally, the sweetly overdriven Bias tremolo creates the swampy “bias wiggle” of early tube bias modulation. The Vertigo takes the tonal possibilities a step further with its Shape knob, which allows users to morph the LFO wave shape from square, to sine or opto, to saw tooth.
The Official Vertigo Tremolo Demo Video
Out of the box, the Vertigo Tremolo offers tremendous tonal range, but beneath the surface resides a treasure chest of swirling effect possibilities. Connect the Vertigo to the Neuro Mobile App (a free download for Android or iOS devices) and access Source Audio’s free library of progressive tremolo patterns and hybrid modulation effects - each can be uploaded directly to the pedal. The Neuro App also offers an additional set of adjustable parameters including parametric EQ, wet/dry mix, tap tempo, and stereo separation. Plus, every One Series pedal is fully MIDI compatible when coupled with the Neuro Hub (formerly Soundblox Hub), giving you the power to save up to 128 presets.
More Vertigo Tremolo Demo Videos
Mmmmm, Andy jumped in with some sweet ZZ Top riffs for this ultra swampy demo of the Vertigo Tremolo. But it's not all traditional sounds here - Andy also gets into the Neuro App for some tremolo combined with a random step filter effect. Too cool!
Nobody goes as deep as our friend Henning Pauly (a.k.a. "EytschPi42") - that is not up for debate. Great sound clips in this video, also great instructional info, and general FX philosophizing.
Elmer Ferrer (Sting's touring guitarist) created this way-cool Vertigo Tremolo video. Elmer dove deep into the bonus Vertigo engines in Neuro App for some excellent non-traditional effects.
The Neuro Editing Systems
Job one in the development of the Vertigo Tremolo was to create a great sounding, flexible, and easy-to-use tremolo pedal. Out of the box, that’s exactly what it is – plug in, select from the three onboard tremolo engines and make beautiful music… simple. But there is much more here than meets the eye - the truly “Big Idea” behind our One Series pedals was to give musicians a second, far deeper, set of options and editing tools with which to craft the perfect tone. The Neuro Mobile App is a free downloads for iOS and Android. It offers a huge collection of unique and hybrid tremolo engines as well as an expanded set of editing parameters. After editing your preset, burn it directly to the pedal and access it without reconnecting the Neuro App.
Additional Features and Specifications
Neuro Editor Features
- 3 Flavors of Tremolo.
- 3 Presets — use Preset Mode to save a different preset to each of the three toggle switch positions. When the pedal is engaged, all of the parameters instantly jump to their saved value, regardless of the knob positions.
- Stereo Input and Output Jacks — Create deep and wide stereo modulation.
- Universal Bypass — Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- Expression Control — Compatible with Source Audio expression pedals and the Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller.
Connect the Vertigo Tremolo to the Nuero Mobile App (a free download for iOS or Android) and explore the full power of effect downloading, customization, and sharing that comes with every Ones Series pedal.
- Free Effect Downloads — Choose from our vast collection additional tremolo algorithms.
- Customize Effects — Tweak an extensive range of additional parameters.
- Save and Share Customized Presets – Once you’ve fine-tuned an effect, save it to your personal effects collection and share it with the growing community of Neuro users.
- Download Presets — Explore Source Audio’s ever-expanding library of free effect presets.
- Simple Connection — The Neuro App. connects with the Vertigo via the mobile device’s headphone jack and Stereo Input 2 on the pedal. A Neuro App connector cable (1/8” to 1/4”) is included with the pedal.
The Vertigo also features full MIDI capability and simplicity when coupled with the Neuro Hub.
- Preset Saving — Save up to 128 effect presets.
- Multi Pedal Scene Saving — Connect up to five One Series and Soundblox 2 pedals to the Neuro Hub and create 128 multi pedal scenes, recallable via MIDI program change messages.
- External Expression Control — Connect the Neuro Hub to any Source Audio expression pedal, Hot Hand 3 Wireless Effects Controller or third party TRS (Tip Hot) expression pedals and manually control effect modulation or assign expression control to any adjustable parameter.
- MIDI Clock — Sync your tremolo with external MIDI clock messages.
- Includes 9v DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Power Consumption — 150mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for firmware updates and the forthcoming in-depth effects editing software.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)