The Source Audio Programmable EQ is a thoroughly modern and highly streamlined upgrade to traditional equalizer pedals. This MIDI controllable stompbox provides quick, hands-free access to four different user programmed EQ settings. It has found its way onto the touring pedalboards of David Gilmour, John Mayer, Steven Wilson, The Killers, The Dierks Bentley Band, and more. Whatever your instrument, playing style, or genre, the Source Audio Programmable EQ is the essential tone-sculpting tool for your live rig.
Source Audio Programmable EQ Demo Video
The Programmable EQ packs plus or minus 18dB of range over seven frequency bands, plus an additional frequency band at 62Hz, accessible via the Octave Extend function. Engaging the Octave Extend systematically optimizes the pedal’s frequency spectrum to accommodate the specific frequency range of the bass. The pedal also offers a substantial clean boost of up to 12dB. Use the clean boost for an entirely transparent volume increase or give your amp the front-end push needed for an aggressive natural break-up. Once you've dialed in the desired guitar or bass tone, save it in one of four programmable user presets. Each preset is easily accessible via the hands-free footswitch scrolling function. Simply hold down the footswitch and let the pedal scroll through each preset at an adjustable rate — release to engage. The pedal’s MIDI input also provides remote access for switching presets, controlling parameters, and engaging/bypassing the effect.
Additional Features and Specifications
- +/- 18dB range over seven frequency bands.
- Four independent programmable user presets easily recalled via the Footswitch.
- Octave Extend Function: optimizes the EQ for bass with an additional freq band at 62Hz.
- Small Footprint: A compact, rugged, cast aluminum housing.
- 12dB of clean boost.
- Auto-scrolling function: automatically scrolls through all four presets to create unique and dramatic effects similar to sequencer or tremolo units.
- Universal Bypass: Choose between, Hardwire “True” Bypass, utilizing a small-signal relay for improved reliability and remote switching capabilities, or Buffered Bypass, utilizing analog switching for a consistent input impedance and buffered output.
- MIDI input: Recall presets, control parameters, engage/bypass remotely via MIDI.
- State-of-the-art DSP — our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601 and crystal-clear 24-bit converters.
- Dimensions: 4.5 in/11.4cm (Length) x 2.5 in/6.4cm (width) x 2 in/5.1cm (height)
- Runs on a 9V battery (included) or power supply (not included - requires 9V DC supply with at least 100mA output).