Artist / Heroes,
YouTube Video of David Torn
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Posted by: Source Audio | Posted in: Artist / Heroes,I recently spoke of becoming an addict of YouTube.
Not just for entertainment, but as a virtual source of knowledge and demonstrations.
Case in point, this cool clip of David Torn demo'ing a Steinberger guitar and the TransTrem system.
How can you not love that?
A great player using a very innovative piece of gear - even to this day - and that guitar and trem are close to 20 years old.
I have been listening to David Torn since his cd "Cloud About Mercury" (great cd with Bill Bruford and Tony Levin) and knew he was a singular talent back then. And he hasn't stopped learning, growing and putting out great music. His recent efforts with Bowie were also fantastic.
Like the Steinberger and the TransTrem, the Hot Hand effects are a true sign of innovation and purposefulness for the guitarist, and in fact, bassist, drummer, keyboardist and beatboxer! Here's to innovation!
- John Thomasson of “Little Big Town” Takes the AfterShock for a Spin
- The Infamous Stringdusters Plant Some Bluegrass at Red Rocks, With Help From The Nemesis Delay
- ROCK ROYALTY JOIN FORCES FOR A BENEFIT CONCERT FOR TONY MACALPINE
- Nathan Navarro Joins the Source Audio Team
- Steven Wilson Talks About the Source Audio Programmable EQ