The Source Audio Programmable EQ is a thoroughly modern and highly streamlined upgrade to traditional equalizer pedals. This compact, rugged, cast aluminum stompbox provides quick, hands-free access to four different user programmed EQ settings. Whatever your instrument, playing style, or genre, the Source Audio Programmable EQ is the essential tone-sculpting tool for your live rig.
The Programmable EQ packs plus or minus 18dB of range over seven frequency bands, plus an additional frequency band at 62Hz, accessible via the Octave Extend function. Engaging the Octave Extend systematically optimizes the pedal’s frequency spectrum to accommodate the specific frequency range of the bass. Once you’ve dialed in the desired guitar or bass tone, save it in one of four programmable user presets. Each preset is easily accessible via the hands-free footswitch scrolling function. Simply hold down the footswitch and let the pedal scroll through each preset at an adjustable rate – release to engage. The pedal’s MIDI input also provides remote access to user presets or engages/disengages the effect. Run a MIDI signal from your POD, Eventide Space reverb, TC Nova System or any other MIDI compatible multi-effects unit and vastly expand your tone horizon within each preset.
The Programmable EQ offers a substantial clean boost of up to 12dB. Use the clean boost for an entirely transparent volume increase or go further and give your amp the front-end push needed for an aggressive natural break-up. The relay-based true bypass footswitch provides improved reliability, remote switching capabilities, and a completely unaffected, hard wire signal in bypass mode. As a bonus, the Auto-scrolling function, which automatically scrolls between all four presets at an adjustable rate, creates unique and dramatic effects similar to sequencer or tremolo units.
The pedal runs on a 9V battery (included) or with an optional external power supply.
Programmable EQ Interface
Roll your mouse over the panel controls to learn about each one.
Roll your mouse over hot spots (+) on the panel controls and ports to learn about each one.
Shifts frequency adjust indicator to the left.
Shifts frequency adjust indicator to the right.
Controls the output gain.
Selects user preset.
Saves programmable user presets.
Selects user presets.
Engages EQ and scrolls through presets.
Roll your mouse over hot spots (+) on the ports to learn about each one.
Output to amplifier or other effects.
Allow external access to presets.
Guitar (or other instrument) input.
Accepts 9V DC power supply (unit also runs on a 9V battery).
Programmable EQ Features & Specifications
- +/- 18dB range over seven frequency bands.
- Four independent programmable user presets easily recalled via the Footswitch.
- Octave Extend Function: optimizes the EQ for bass with an additional freq band at 62Hz.
- Small Footprint: A compact, rugged, cast aluminum housing.
- 12dB of clean boost.
- Auto-scrolling function: automatically scrolls through all four presets to create unique and dramatic effects similar to sequencer or tremolo units.
- Hardwire “True” Bypass: utilizes a small-signal relay for improved reliability and remote switching capabilities.
- MIDI input: recall presets, engage/bypass remotely via MIDI.
- State-of-the-art DSP — our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601 and crystal-clear 24-bit converters.
- Dimensions: 4.5 in/11.4cm (Length) x 2.5 in/6.4cm (width) x 2 in/5.1cm (height)
- Runs on a 9V battery (included) or power supply (not included). Click here to view recommended power supply and purchasing information.