Soundblox® 2 OFD Guitar microModeler
The Soundblox 2 OFD Guitar microModeler packs a comprehensive collection of new and vintage overdrive, fuzz, and distortion tones into a single stage-ready stompbox perfect for guitarists of all genres. Each effect has been meticulously crafted to provide precise and naturally responsive tones, from warm and chunky tube overdrive to over-the-top fuzz.
The Guitar OFD features incredibly natural modeling of twelve classic tones including, Marshall Amplifiers®, Mesa Boogie Amplifiers®, Ibanez Tube Screamer®, EHX Big Muff Pi®, Pro Co Rat®, Tone Bender®, Fuzz Face®, and Octavia®. The box also includes a super saturated METAL tone for the head-bangers, an extremely nasty, spitting fuzz called the GATED FUZZ, and Source Audio’s own CRUNCH TUBE, which delivers an extra aggressive tube overdrive.
The OFD is housed in a compact and extremely durable cast-aluminum casing. Its sturdy exterior and relay based buffered or true bypass switches are built to withstand endless gigging and rehearsal and the compact 4.5 x 4.5 inch footprint easily finds a place on any sized pedalboard. It also offers a multitude of forward thinking and useful design functions like preset morphing, easy-to-adjust internal noise gates, and external Hot Hand, Expression Pedal, or MIDI control — step up to an entirely new stompbox experience.
OFD Guitar microModeler Interface
Roll your mouse over hot spots (+) on the panel controls and ports to learn about each one.
Selects the distortion type.
Controls the amount of distortion applied to the signal.
Adjusts the output level of the effect.
Controls the noise gate threshold level and assigns external control.
Selects the frequency range controlled by the TONE knob.
Applies an overall color to the tone, from warmer to more cutting drives.
Cuts or boosts the selected TONE SHAPE (treble, mid, bass).
Enables/disables preset 1. Press and hold to save a preset.
Enables/disables preset 2. Press and hold to save a preset.
Roll your mouse over hot spots (+) on the ports to learn about each one.
Connect a hot hand receiver or expression pedal via a 4 pole ⅛” sensor cable.
Connect your instrument here using a standard MONO ¼” cable.
Connect this to your amp, pedal, or other audio device.
Connect this to other Soundblox pedals via a hot hand Daisy Chain cable.
Connect a 9V DC power supply here.
Soundblox 2 OFD Guitar microModeler Specifications
- Diverse Sound Palette — Featuring extremely accurate modeling of 12 classic overdrive, fuzz, and distortion tones.
- Compact, cast aluminum housing.
- 2 User Presets easily recalled via two footswitches.
- Universal Bypass — selectable buffered or true bypass.
- 3-band tone control — select between “treble”, “mid”, and “bass” for precision tone sculpting.
- Noise Gate — easily activated 3-level noise gate.
- Multi-function In — use an expression pedal or the Hot Hand Motion Sensor to morph between presets or manipulate any of the six assignable parameters.
- MIDI Capable — the Multi-function In jack also allows MIDI access to presets and parameters.
- State-of-the-art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- 9V DC power supply included.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2.25 in./5.7cm (including knobs).