OFD Bass microModeler
The OFD Bass microModeler packs a comprehensive, low-end enhanced collection of new and vintage overdrive, fuzz, and distortion tones into a single stage-ready stompbox perfect for bassists of all genres. Each effect has been meticulously crafted to provide precise and naturally responsive tones, from warm and thumping tube overdrive to bass-in-your-face fuzz. The OFD also features Lo-RETAIN, our special low-end preserving algorithm. Plus each effect can be blended with the original dry signal to maintain the thumping essence of your bass tone.
The Bass OFD features incredibly natural modeling of twelve bass specific versions of tones inspired by classic gear including Marshall Amplifiers®, Mesa Boogie Amplifiers®, Tone Bender®, Fuzz Face®, and Octavia®. The box also includes a super saturated tone called METAL for an especially growling distortion, an extremely nasty, spitting fuzz called the GATED FUZZ (inspired by the Z-Vex Woolly Mammoth®), and Source Audio’s own CRUNCH TUBE, which delivers an extra aggressive tube overdrive.
The Bass OFD is housed in a compact and extremely durable cast-aluminum casing. Its sturdy exterior and relay based buffered or true bypass switches are built to withstand endless gigging and rehearsal and the compact 4.5 x 4.5 inch footprint easily finds a place on any sized pedalboard. It also offers a multitude of forward thinking and useful design functions like clean and dirty MIX control, Lo-RETAIN, preset morphing, easy-to-adjust internal noise gates, and external Hot Hand, Expression Pedal, or MIDI control.
OFD Bass microModeler Interface
Roll your mouse over hot spots (+) on the panel controls and ports to learn about each one.
Selects the distortion type.
Controls the amount of distortion applied to the signal.
Adjusts the output level of the effect.
Easily activated 3-level noise gate.
Selects the frequency range controlled by the TONE knob.
Adjusts the balance between clean and distorted signals.
Cuts or boosts the selected TONE SHAPE (treble, mid, bass).
Enables/disables preset 1. Press and hold to save a preset.
Enables/disables preset 2. Press and hold to save a preset.
Roll your mouse over hot spots (+) on the ports to learn about each one.
Connect a hot hand receiver or expression pedal via a 4 pole ⅛” sensor cable.
Connect your instrument here using a standard MONO ¼” cable.
Connect this to your amp, pedal, or other audio device.
Connect this to other Soundblox pedals via a hot hand Daisy Chain cable.
Connect a 9V DC power supply here.
Soundblox 2 OFD Bass microModeler Specifications
- Diverse Sound Palette — Featuring extremely natural modeling of 12 bass versions of classic overdrive, fuzz, and distortion tones.
- Compact, cast aluminum housing.
- 2 User Presets easily recalled via two footswitches.
- Clean and dirty MIX control to blend the effected tone with the original dry signal.
- Lo-Retain: Source Audio’s low-end retaining algorithm.
- 3-band tone control — select between “treble”, “mid”, and “bass” for precision tone sculpting.
- Noise Gate — easily activated 3-level noise gate.
- Universal Bypass — selectable buffered or true bypass.
- Multi-function In — use an expression pedal or the Hot Hand Motion Sensor to morph between presets or manipulate any of the six assignable parameters.
- MIDI Capable — the Multi-function In jack also allows MIDI access to presets and parameters.
- State-of-the-art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- 9V DC power supply included
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2.25 in./5.7cm (including knobs)