Tips and Tricks,
Customizing the LFO Step Sequencer in the BEF Pro
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Posted by: Will Cady | Posted in: Tips and Tricks,
Alright BEF Pro aficionados! It's time to decode the inner-workings of the mysterious USER option on the LFO Waveform Selector. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to get your original step sequencer sounds using the SOURCE AUDIO BEF PRO CUSTOM LFO STEP SEQUENCER EDITOR (OF DOOM).
**Note: PC only**
STEP 1: Head to the Source Audio Downloads page.
STEP 2: Download the "Source Audio BEF Pro Sequence Editor.zip" file
STEP 3: Unzip the "Source Audio BEF Pro Sequence Editor.zip" file to reveal the SOURCE AUDIO BEF PRO CUSTOM LFO STEP SEQUENCER EDITOR (OF DOOM).
STEP 4: Make sure your BEF Pro is connected to your computer via a MIDI to USB cable. Open 'setup' to start the application. When open, make sure you have the proper MIDI Output selected.
STEP 5: Edit the LFO Step Sequence by numerically adjusting the number of steps and graphically adjusting the frequency of each step. Once you are ready to send it to your BEF Pro, select 'Write Sequence'. Your new custom LFO Step Sequence will now occupy the 'USER' selection in the 'LS' back-page parameter.
STEP 6: To save your sequence to the pedal, store it in any of six available preset banks located on the footswitches. You can also save the sequence to your computer by selecting 'Save' in the BEF Pro Sequence Editor.
- The Advantages of Digital Dry Signal Path Design
- Using the Source Audio Tap Tempo Switch with One Series Pedals
- Reassigning Program Change Messages to the Poly-Mod Filter Pro and the Bass Envelope Filter Pro
- Jesse Williams demos the AfterShock Bass Distortion and Gemini Chorus with Bass
- 10 Muse Bass Riffs in 2 Minutes with Help From the Manta Bass Filter and OFD Bass microModeler